Dr. John T. Jones
Why do people want to know how to make money at home online?
You know the answer to that question. It is because:
● Inflation is destroying the value of our money.
● The government is keeping interest rates low which means that we do not earn interest on our savings if we keep them in a bank. (Keeping savings under the mattress doesn’t pay interest either.)
● Investments are shaky, such as stocks and bonds, because our government is shaky, always stirring things up in the world and although they say that the Congress of the United States is doing nothing, they are spending like crazy. Billions are being spent and we don’t know what the hell they are being spent on. Actually, the government is bankrupt.
● The cost of education have skyrocketed and there is little hope for lower education cost in the future. This has placed thousands of people trying to get a start in life in debt.
● Jobs have been lost and wages have stagnated. People who who are returning to the workforce after having been, as they say in England, made redundant, are receiving lower wages in the new jobs.
● Medical costs are completely out of sight and there is little hope that we will see a reduction there because it is driven by technology and technology is expensive.
So people want to work from home.
There are a number of advantages for working at home:
1. You are your own boss.
2. You set your own income.
3. You create your own business.
4. You don’t need business clothing.
5. You don’t need transportation for work.
6. You can explore your own talents and abilities and skills.
7. You set your own hours.
8. You can tend children while working.
9. You can expand your home job to a full-time job and not have to depend on others for your livelihood.
10. You can earn that extra money you need for essentials or pleasures.
11. Some folks are working two or even three extra jobs. This increases the expense of working. Transportation and meals and clothing all add to the costs of employment.
I’m sure that you could give me other reasons for this problem, not having enough income to pay for the essentials of life nor the pleasures of life.
There are a number of ways to make money at home. But most of us think about the Internet. The Internet is huge. The United States comes in about third when counting the number of Internet users across our globe. People shop on the Internet and every year billions of dollars worth of goods are sold. The World is your Market.
Also services can be promoted on the Internet. That allows you to pursue your special skills. There is a tremendous market there too.
The Internet is a great way to expand an existing business, such as a storefront business. It is also a way to create a business from your special talents and skills of education. It is a way to create a business from your passions.
Another reason for using the Internet is that the cost is low. There are some cost involved but they are less than for other businesses. The reason is that you are able to reach out to your customers more easily. Also you can promote other people’s products and have them process the orders and the shipping and the customer relations. Some do this as affiliate marketers.
Note: To improve my marketing skills, I joined Wealthy Affiliate some years ago. That is a great place to learn how to market on the Internet.
Here Are Some Ways on How to Make Money at Home Online:
A. Take an existing business online:
Some years back some friends of mine had a little store where they sold doll parts. They decided to take the store online. They had a mailing list and they told their customers about their new website. Sales immediately jumped about four times.
My son sold flutes online after I showed him how to build a website. He also had a mailing list and his sales jumps like crazy. He recently sold that business. He has a new business now selling herbs and training on herbs. He gives lectures around Utah and Idaho, sells his new herb book which he has listed on Amazon, and he sells other people’s books too. He is very busy and I thing that he is going to have to hire another veterinarian for his core business.
B. Sell Your Own Stuff:
My granddaughters sell stuff online, stuff that they make with their own hands. They make wigs and hats for babies. I just watched them go through the Halloween season. They had their husbands, their families, and even their in-laws making hats and wigs. They also had to hire a dozen other workers to try to meet the orders.
The bottom line was that they could not fill all the orders and they had to put limits on their website. This was even after careful planning based on last year’s sales. Now they have Christmas coming. What do you think will happen next?
If you are a painter or have other artistic skills, you can sell them on the Internet. I have a few of my paintings listed on my Etsy site.
I just wrote another Western novel and I have that upon Amazon for those who read books on tablets.
C. Sell Stuff You Buy at Yard Sales:
Over the years, my wife and I liked to go to yard sales and we bought a lot of stuff. Now I’m trying to reduce the amount of stuff that I have. I gave several truckloads away to Deseret Industries.
Some stuff I didn’t want to give away because I was afraid it would get broken. That’s when my granddaughter set up an Etsy site for me and listed a lot of my products.
You can sell such things, including books, at Amazon.com or eBay.com.
I also had a book business and I sold thousands of books on the Internet through Alibris.com. Sometime back I wrote a little book on how to do this.
D. Promote Other People’s Products:
I sold hundreds of flagpoles years website that I designed for that purpose. I simply took orders and my supplier shipped the product to the customer.
This is called drop shipping and there are many of companies, probably some in your state, who will drop ship products to your customers.
I also sold thousands of books this way.
Amazon.com started affiliate marketing years ago, theirs was the first affiliate marketing program. They have many thousands of affiliates to promote their products and Amazon processes the orders, ships product and handles customer relations.
I’m an affiliate of Amazon and I promote their products, especially right now during the holiday season.
But there are many affiliate networks such as CJ.com where you can find products to promote.
Also ClickBank.com has many products that you can promote and they will handle sales and customers relations. I promote click bank products.
The key to selling or promoting people’s products is to make sure that you know the product, that the product is of good quality, and in the case where you are sending potential customers to the vendors sales site, that the vendor knows how to sell his products. The vendor site with a video on it is preferred because you can lead people to watch that video.
There are other ways to make money at home.
For example, if you are an accountant, you can do people’s taxes at home or you can handle their accounts.
I am an engineer, now too old work in that field, who ran a consulting business from home for a number of years. I did some consulting in South America and I traveled for the State Department too.
My cousin’s husband worked for my father, but he also had a chiropractic business which he worked from an office in his home.
Some doctors that I have known, and work from their home.
Stenographers can also work from their home.
I’m not sure that some telemarketers don’t work from their home.
At least those in Multilevel Marketing, MLM, work from their homes. I do a little bit of this.
I hope I have shown you how to make money at home online or offline. I’m in my eighties but I still promote and sale online. I have been retired for 20 years so I like to earn some money on the side. My wife is ill and had a full-time care-giver so my money flies away fast because there are cost beyond what my long-term-care insurance company pays.
Anyway, I like to get out of here once in a while. Last year it was Alaska. Next year, Costa Rica. I like to fish and look at birds and other wildlife.
I am tjbooks at WA. Hope to see you there.
385 total views, 2 views today